Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Comment spam

The Wheelchair India site. Nice stuff if you can get it
One of the downsides of having a blog is spam comments. I use a Google Blogger setting that allows comments on recent posts to instantly appear but those made on old posts be moderated by me. It so happens that this captures most spam comments.

A typical spam comment is along the lines of "I found this really interesting" followed by link. Basically they want to trick my readers into visiting their site. Typically I delete the comment and mark it as spam.

My interest was tickled though by this one: "Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.TRAVEL WHEELCHAIR"

Normally I would be very wary of clicking on strange links but this one had an OK feeling about it so I did - on my phone which counted as a very slight safety precaution. It was interesting. The Indian site is shown in the picture and, from a wheelie's point of view, there was some pretty neat stuff. The prices, shown in rupees on the site, translate to AUD134, AUD185 and AUD300 which are great. What puzzles me though is that I phoned them and they don't ship outside India. Why even bother with the comment?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really is extraordinary. I can understand spamming where it might bring you advantage but if it won't?

      Delete

iPad, iPhone beware! Many people comment and lose their work. To avoid this use the Anonymous option which is safe. Tell me who you are though!

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You can remain anonymous if you prefer (just select Anonymous from the bottom of the 'Comment As' list)

If you don't like the idea of joining something else out there to keep in touch with TrailRider Tales consider registering your email with this blog to be kept informed when there are new posts or replies to your comment.