Saturday, February 21, 2015

Introducing Julie Jones - and Have Wheelchair Will Travel (6490 Likes)

The HWWT Facebook Page - click to visit the Page. I have set this up
to open a new window so that you can flip back to this roadmap
We met Julie briefly in an earlier post and finally we have got round to her guest post. I like guest posts - a little bit because they may say nice things about me and a lot because of the feeling of weaving a web which is, ultimately, what this Internet thingy is about.

Julie will tell her story, in her own words, in the next post but I will cut right to the end and speak of the Have Wheelchair Will Travel (HWWT) Facebook Page of which I am totally in awe. 

That page has 6490 Likes! To place that in context my page has 171. We are in the presence of Internet royalty.

For readers that are not on Facebook consider the following:

  • Facebook Pages are always completely open to read. Take a look at the HWWT Page  and scroll down to see Julie's posts. You can read anything there including the comments
  • The people on Facebook have a conversation through their comments and replies. Here is one post that garnered 25 comments. There was a lot to say
That is the real power of Facebook - the conversations that happen. New people are drawn in when people pass the post on, using the Share button, to their circle of friends.

Of course joining Facebook has it's downsides. The risks to your personal info and the confusing mass of things that appear out of the blue from your friends. I urge people to join anonymously and with no friends simply to be part of these conversations. I call this Zero Friends Facebook and I am using ZFF for local community engagement.

Like the HWWT Facebook Page.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Wheelchair Travel


    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete

iPad, iPhone beware! Many people comment and lose their work. To avoid this use the Anonymous option which is safe. Tell me who you are though!

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You can remain anonymous if you prefer (just select Anonymous from the bottom of the 'Comment As' list)

If you don't like the idea of joining something else out there to keep in touch with TrailRider Tales consider registering your email with this blog to be kept informed when there are new posts or replies to your comment.