Sunday, April 26, 2015

Welcome to the Parks Victoria Community Inclusion Coordinator

John Kenwright - Community Inclusion Coordinator
Through the TrailRider a friend
After Ros and me, the next person who has made the TrailRider possible in Australia has certainly been John Kenwright. Over dinner in Halls Gap John revealed that he finally had a permanent position at Parks Victoria. 

All these years he had been holding on, from our point of view, by the skin of his teeth as the Community Engagement Coordinator with no permanence. Now that role, with the switch of title from Engagement to Inclusion, has been cast in stone. 

John does amazing work. My bashfulness leads me to quiz him often about how much of John's time the TrailRider takes up and the answer is still an average of a day a week

Beyond that what is happening is an incredibly broad opening of Parks to people of all abilities that gives true voice to Healthy Parks, Healthy People 

As I write this I realise that the next step is to invite a guest post from John so that he can tell you in his own words what he gets up to for the rest of the week!


If you're a Facie I encourage you to like the Parks Victoria page

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, John! Parks Victoria are very wise. And I can stop holding my breath about your tenure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very exciting news. Inclusion set in stone - sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear! I'd love to hear more about John's role.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely wonderful news. John is a huge asset to Parks and I know that a lot of people who have disability, their family and friends and people who work with people who have disability will be so grateful for this excellent decision. "Yahoo" Rock on John! I know that a lot of the credit also needs to go to David and Roz. AND......I do hope your recovery is swift David and I wish you and Roz all the very best.

    ReplyDelete

iPad, iPhone beware! Many people comment and lose their work. To avoid this use the Anonymous option which is safe. Tell me who you are though!

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You can remain anonymous if you prefer (just select Anonymous from the bottom of the 'Comment As' list)

If you don't like the idea of joining something else out there to keep in touch with TrailRider Tales consider registering your email with this blog to be kept informed when there are new posts or replies to your comment.