Saturday, July 18, 2015

Beat this!

Volunteers from Iadaho Trinity Lutheran Church youth camp out beside
the sea with five TrailRiders
I see many photographs of people out on TrailRiders and the more chairs in the picture the higher my regard. Imagine my delight at this picture from BCMOS (British Columbia Mobile Opportunity Society) with five TrailRiders in it.

BCMOS are, in a very real sense, the home of the TrailRider. It was from them that my first ever TrailRider was hired and all summer long their volunteer sherpas take people from the region out into the beautiful mountains of the Lower Mainland. At the same time there is next to no involvement of BC Parks.

In Australia we struggle still with the volunteer programs but Parks Victoria are right there. Which is better?


Like the BCMOS Facebook Page
Like the Parks Victoria Facebook Page

2 comments:

  1. It would be interesting to hear from the 5 Riders of the experience. The fun-factor of not being the only "passenger" on a hike would be enormous, I imagine.
    I wonder if getting churches involved as volunteer Sherpas in Australia as in this instance would work, too?
    Great work, BCMOS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the fun factor. I loved it when you were in a TrailRider beside me - but it was hard to have a conversation though!

    ReplyDelete

iPad, iPhone beware! Many people comment and lose their work. To avoid this use the Anonymous option which is safe. Tell me who you are though!

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You can remain anonymous if you prefer (just select Anonymous from the bottom of the 'Comment As' list)

If you don't like the idea of joining something else out there to keep in touch with TrailRider Tales consider registering your email with this blog to be kept informed when there are new posts or replies to your comment.