Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Getting out there

I am pretty convinced that the main impediment to TrailRiders being simply everywhere is people knowing about them. Awareness. My business card features the classic Boronia Peak picture that Ros took and I delight in silently handing this to people and watching their jaw drop - "Is this for real?" sums up their reaction.
That is one part of my awareness survey work. The other reaction is the growing number who say "I've seen this somewhere"
Shifting the balance between these two reactions is where it's at. I'll do anything, media and publicity wise to help that shift but I am not alone. Parks Victoria media are hard at it too and I suspect are behind the latest article in the national Caravan and Camping with Kids magazine.

There is a tantalising reference in the article to an event at the YMCA Recreation Camp. I want to know more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

iPad, iPhone beware! Many people comment and lose their work. To avoid this use the Anonymous option which is safe. Tell me who you are though!

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You can remain anonymous if you prefer (just select Anonymous from the bottom of the 'Comment As' list)

If you don't like the idea of joining something else out there to keep in touch with TrailRider Tales consider registering your email with this blog to be kept informed when there are new posts or replies to your comment.