Friday, March 17, 2017

Guess what? I found a TrailRider

Writing yesterday's post took me into the Directory and there I saw a comment that I had never noticed before, telling me that there was a TrailRider at Kosciuszko National Park Visitor Centre. I checked my NSW listings and sure enough, one of their three chairs was missing and thanks to this comment (thank you Sagrom) I have now found it.

As readers might know I have MS and something I discussed with the MS Society some years ago was the idea of a Top of the Continent fundraiser TrailRider expedition at Kosciuszko. This was actually the idea of Louise, a reader of this blog.

It goes like this:

  • Louise's vision was of several TrailRiders (her in one of them!) being trekked to the highest point in Australia.
  • I thought that, with three or four TrailRiders, roughly 30 sherpas would be needed and there are cabin-type accommodations in the vicinity where everyone could stay the night before and after the ascent.
  • The MS Society, at that time, would offer online support, seed funding for a "sponsored walk" style event that would spin the publicity event of three or four people, disabled by MS, making it to the top.
  • Top of the Continent? My wheeze. Kilimanjaro is the highest point in Africa and TrailRiders have been there twice. I don't hold out much hope for the remaing continents!
This is no longer something I could consider organising or being part of - other than making phone calls but someone younger? Fitter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

iPad, iPhone beware! Many people comment and lose their work. To avoid this use the Anonymous option which is safe. Tell me who you are though!

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You can remain anonymous if you prefer (just select Anonymous from the bottom of the 'Comment As' list)

If you don't like the idea of joining something else out there to keep in touch with TrailRider Tales consider registering your email with this blog to be kept informed when there are new posts or replies to your comment.